BUSINESS LAW CHECKLIST FOR BUSINESS OWNERS
- Do you have a business plan and mission statement?
- Do you have a corporation or LLC in place to protect your personal assets?
- Do you have a governing document, such as an Operating Agreement (LLC) or Shareholder Agreement (corporation)?
- Do you have a company checking account and an Employer Identification Number (EIN)?
- If a Mississippi entity, have you made the required business privilege tax filing with the Mississippi Department of Revenue?
- Do you avoid signing documents in your personal name?
- Are your corporate records and registrations current?
- Do you have applicable business permits?
- In how many states do you do business? Have you qualified to do business in all applicable states?
- Do you comply with securities laws when selling interest in the business?
- Do you have rights to your company’s name?
- Have you protected your name and/or logo by filing a state or federal trademark?
- Are your trade secrets secured properly to ensure they remain secret?
- Is your website content protected?
- Is your domain name registered? Have you set it to renew automatically?
- Do you have an employee handbook? If so, do you have a file of handbook receipt and acknowledgement forms for all employees?
- Do you have employment agreements in place with each employee? If so, have the employment agreements been reviewed in the last three years?
- Do you have non-compete and employee confidentiality agreements?
- Are your company’s important agreements in written form?
- Is there a system in place for calendaring important obligations and term expirations under your contracts and agreements?
- Do the agreements contain protection from liability for defective products or services?
- Is there an opportunity to cure prior to defaulting on your agreements?
- How are disputes resolved within your agreements?
BUSINESS LAW SERVICES
- Choice of Entity
- Formation Documents
- Resolution and Action Drafting
- Contract Review
- Lease Drafting or Review
- Maintenance of Corporate Records
- Asset or Stock Sale
- Dissolution of Company
Are you searching for a business lawyer in the Oxford, MS area? If so, turn to Ritter Law Firm. Elizabeth Ritter can help you navigate the waters of business law in Mississippi.
Contact Ritter Law Firm today for a free consultation.